Fire Door Maintenance
We are BM Trada Accredited to install and maintain Primary Certified,
Bi-Laterally Tested, UKAS Accredited, Timber Fire Doorsets
COMPLIANT FIRE DOORS
There is a legal requirement for manufacturers of fire doors to demonstrate the ability of their products to resist the passage and spread of fire. However, if they are not properly maintained, their fire resistance capabilities can be seriously compromised.
Fire Doors Plus are Third Party Accredited by the BM TRADA Q-Mark Fire Door Maintenance scheme to ensure that your fire doors are maintained correctly so that they should perform as intended.
IMPORTANCE OF FIRE DOOR MAINTENANCE
A fire door is not just another door. It’s considered a part of fire safety equipment and is made of high-quality materials that adhere to fire safety benchmarks. Fire doors prove immensely useful in providing fire protection for escape routes like staircases and corridors.
Regular scheduled maintenance helps:
- Ensure the product’s fire resistance capabilities are maintained
- Ensure the product’s service life is maximized through correct maintenance
- Intumescent seals should be checked regularly to maintain the designated performance potential
- Mechanical items such as hinges, locks, latches, closers, floor springs etc are likely to wear over time.
It is imperative that your Fire Doorsets are regularly inspected and maintained accordingly, allowing them to perform as they were designed to, on the one and only occasion that they will be required to do so.
It is your responsibility to ensure that adequate measures are in place for the inspection and maintenance needs of your Fire Doorsets, with the maintenance records being made available should you need to substantiate them.
FIRE DOORSET SERVICES
- Housing Associations & Private
- Landlords Universities & Colleges
- Hospitals & Healthcare Centres
- Councils & Local Authorities
- Care Homes & Sheltered Schemes
- Hotel Chains & Holiday Parks